Tuesday, January 25, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Tues. Jan. 25, 2011

MY SMART Quest for today:  Continue on in this Quest and don't get lost.  I can do this, I can be a better me!


After having a bad weekend, yesterday proved to be a great day!  I was able to stay on track with my workouts, eating & drinking water.  My mindset was really good as well.  I accomplished so much and really feel more alive and ready to conquer everything I need to do.  I was up fairly late last night as I had to get some work done (I had to get some doll parts in the kiln so they would be ready to ship today!).  I went to bed around 11:30 pm.  Again,  I slept fairly well last night .  I got up 1 time to use the restroom, and only woke a couple of times through out the night and was able to go right back to sleep. 


Awoke: 4:50 am (5 hours sleep)
Warm Up: 5:15 am
Pushups x 8
Squats x 12
Spiderman Climb x 10 total
Jumping Jacks x 20
(2 rounds)


Tabata Interval training: 5:20 am I continue to challenge myself to do more reps. These Tabata style interval are from Scott Colby, The Abs Expert.  I used my Gymboss Interval Timer, 1 lb weighted gloves,  and a workout mat.

Bowling Lunges - 20 seconds high intensity, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - I was able to complete 47, 45, 45, 44, 45, 43, 44, 45 reps per round
Squat Thrust with Push Up - 20 seconds high intensity, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds -  4 reps per round, I was hoping to be able to do more but wanted my form to be a good as possible.

Side to Side Ski Jumps - 20 seconds high intensity, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - Pushing to go as fast as I could I was able to complete 64, 65, 65, 66, 64, 63, 64, 64 reps per round.
Mountain Climbers - 20 seconds high intensity, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds -  Sometimes I really dread these, bit I keep my head in alignment and push through these as quickly as I can.  I really feel the burn in my shoulders and my legs.  I was able to do 48, 45, 44, 43, 43, 43, 43, 43 reps per round.
High Low Punches with 1 lb weighted gloves - 20 seconds high intensity, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - I really tried to squat as low as I could and and jump up as quickly as I could.  I managed 30 reps per round 15 reps on each side.
Heismans with 1 lb weighted gloves - 20 seconds high intensity, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds -Since I had the gloves on from the last interval I did, I keep them on.  My heart rate really seemed to speed up more.  I was able to do 68, 67, 66, 65, 64, 64, 64, 64 reps per round!

I felt pretty good after this workout, of course dripping sweat!


Last night I made this yummy dish!  I based it on a stuffed chicken recipe I used to make,  In order to keep it low fat and healthy I omitted any stuffing.  The result was delicious and simple.  Even my fussy 17 year old daughter ate it and like it!

RECIPE:  Pork Loin Cutlet with Mushrooms.
(Serves 4)

INGREDIENTS: 4 boneless, thin, center cut pork loin chops (fat removed)
1/2 - 3/4 cup of raw sliced mushrooms
1 shallot diced finely
2 - 3 Tbs of light Sour cream
1/4 cooking Sherry
Salt free seasoning or salt & pepper to taste
Olive oil

PREP: Prepare the pork chops by banging them to about 1/8 - 1/4" thick with a meat hammer.
Dice the shallot very fine.
Slice your mushrooms if they are not already sliced

COOK: In a large skillet heat a tiny bit of olive oil until it is hot
Add the shallots and saute them a tiny bit
Add the pork cutlets.  Let them sizzle.
Season the side facing you with either a salt free seasoning such as Mrs. Dash or a tiny bit of salt and pepper. 
The pork is very lean and will cook super fast. 
Flip them over as soon as you see the edges are cooking.
Toss in the mushrooms and stir them around with the pork, they also cook very quickly.
Lower the heat
Add the sherry wine and allow the alcohol to cook out.
Add the sour cream and stir everything together!  Serve with either brown rice or vegetables on the side.


MEALS:


I had my recovery protein drink within 70 minutes of my workout!


Meal #1: 7:10 am - recovery shake - 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder with water & coffee (110 calories)
Meal #2: 10:30 am - 1 egg & 1 serving of oatmeal, 2 slices organic bacon  (260 calories)
Meal #3: 2:00 pm - 3 oz of pork loin with mushroom, sour cream, shallots & sherry sauce, 1/2 banana, 2 Persian cucumbers dipped in 2 Tbls light sour cream, 2 apricots (354 calories) 
Meal #4: 5:30 pm - 20 raw almonds , 2 dried figs (212 calories)
Meal # 5: 7:45 pm - Solid white tuna sandwich on 2 slices of sprouted Ekekiel bread, 1/2 avocado, 4 cherry tomatoes, 1 Tbs light mayo, vinegar, 1 tsp olive oil ( 390 calories)

1326 total calories

WATER: 8 glasses

0 comments: