Tuesday, January 18, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Tues. - Jan. 18, 2011

Week 1, Day 2 - Feeling Confidant
SMART Quest for today: Keep a positive attitude & know that what I am doing is go good for my mind, body & soul!

     Well I was hoping to go to bed earlier but as usual, I didn't get to bed until about 11:20 pm and since I had to drive for the carpool today I couldn't sleep in.  I did really well yesterday in eating & working out!  I did feel a bit hungry throughtout the day, but this is normal when I first start out on a clean eating plan.

Sleep: Went to bed at 11:20 pm .  Still bad and I kept waking up for aome reason.  Only got a little over 5 hours of sleep.

Awoke: 4:45 am
Warm Up: 5:05 am -8 Push ups, 12 Squats, 10 Spiderman Climbs, 20 Jumping Jacks - 2 Rounds
Workout:  5:10 am - Today I decided to tackle Zuzana's Bodyrock.tv  Workout Mash Up! Grand Theft Booty + Counter Strike Workouts.




This was an awesome but very difficult workout!  Zuzana is an amazing woman!  I am in awe how she can make these moves look so simple.  I had to do some of the moves on a beginner level as I just don't have the strength and I also have bad knees.

Part 1 – Interval Training 6 minutes
  • Snowboarder  -  30 seconds on 10 seconds rest x 3 rounds - (18 reps)
  • One Leg Squat and Side Kick  Left Leg-  30 seconds on 10 seconds rest x 3 rounds - (5 reps)
  • One Leg Squat and Side Kick  Right Leg-  30 seconds on 10 seconds rest x 3 rounds - (5 reps)
This was so difficult to do.  I had to hold onto a chair when doing the 1 legged Squats and I could barely go down halfway.  Wow oh wow!  My heart was racing and I was sweating right away!


Part 2 – Time Challenge 8 minute count down
  • Do maximum sets of Push Up Lunge Combo Exercise - 8 full minutes non-stop - (18 reps) 
This was also very challenging, as there are 3 travelling push ups and 2 jump lunges to the side per rep.  It was a long 8 minutes with 54 push ups!

Part 3 – Interval Training 6 minutes
  • Shelf Butt Exercise - 30 seconds on 10 seconds rest x 3 rounds - (18 reps)
  • Half Pistol & One Leg Pike Press - 30 seconds on 10 seconds rest x 3 rounds - (3 reps)
I think I didn't do the footwork of the Shelf Butt exercise correctly which enabled me to do more reps, but nest time I will do this more carefully!
With the Half Pistol exercise, my oh my!  Again, I had to use a chair to support myself and I could only go less than halfway, but I was able to balance and continue with the One Leg Pike Press which is a push up in sort of a 1 leg downward dog position.

Finish – 6 minutes of Jump Roping

Zuzana wanted us to do 20 minutes of jumping rope, but I had a time constraint since I had to carpool, but I must say 6 minutes of 30 seconds on 10 seconds rest was a good workout.  My calves were so tired, I can't imagine 20 minutes of this.  Also she was doing 50 seconds on 10 seconds rest, that would be even more challenging!Glad this workout was over and I felt really good.  My hamstrings, glutes


MEALS:
Meal #1:  7:00 am - Recovery whey protein shake (within 15 minutes of my workout) 1 sm banana (180 calories)
Meal #2: 10:30 am -  1 egg, 1 slices uncured bacon, 1 small banana. (220 calories)
Meal #3: 2:30 pm - Chinese Salad with Bok Choy & Chicken (395 calories)
Meal #4: 7:00 pm - 3 oz roasted turkey breast, 3 cherry tomatoes, 1/2 avocado (298 calrories)
Meal #5: 7:45 pm - 2 dried figs, 7 almonds fat free hot cocoa (123 calories),

1216 calories total - low

WATER:  7 glasses

0 comments: