Monday, January 24, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Mon. Jan. 24, 2011

MY SMART Quest for today:  Get back on track, don't beat myself up!  Move ahead! Get serious!

Okay, so I had sort of a bad weekend!  Friday was to be a reward/cheat meal and I went to lunch with my friend and I ate a good cheat meal.  Then that evening I behaved until I got home and had some wine and chocolate....still not bad for a reward day.  Then came Saturday.  My daughter had a cheer competition so I didn't have time to workout...BAD...I had a really good breakfast and a cup of coffee and it was off to the competition!  Thankfully I threw 2 small packs of Trader Joe's raw nut mix in my purse.  I ate both throughout the day, but didn't have any water with me.  By the time I got home I had to race off to my bookclub meeting.  I was tired, dehydrated and starving....recipe for disaster!  I ate a good size plate of everything, drank wine, had desserts and some water!  I felt so fat and bloaty, ugh!  So I told myself  Sunday would be better.  Sunday: Started out good enough, but I made BBQ pulled pork.  It was from the loin so hardly any fat but the salt in the bbq sauce was a killer.  I only ate 1 bowl, but then I started eating chocolate, and popcorn, and junk, junk, junk!!!!!  Honestly I dont know why, it is just not like me, I think I have been feeling overwhelmed and stressed out.  So today is a new day, I just have to get up and move ahead.  I slept fairly well last night and got in 6 hours of sleep.

Awoke: 5:00 am (6 hours sleep)
Warm Up: 5:30 am
Pushups x 8
Squats x 12
Spiderman Climb x 10 total
Jumping Jacks x 20
(2 rounds)


Weight Based Interval Training #2: 5:35 am - Each week I challenge myself to do more reps or go a bit heavier. This weight interval is from Scott Colby, The Abs Expert.  I used my Bowflex SelectTech Dumbbells, 1 lb weighted gloves, a sturdy chair and a workout mat.

8 Count Bodybuilders x 8 reps - I made sure to jump up high after each rep to keep my heart rate up!

DB Squat to Y Press - 50/45 lbs (25/22.5 lbs per dumbbell) x 8 reps -  I started with 22.5 lbs in the first round, and realized that I could go up to 25 lbs. This was up from several weeks ago and I was amazed. By the end of the 8th rep my arms were shaking so badly.
DB One Legged Step Up with Bicep Curl - 30 lbs. (15 lbs per dumbbell) x 16 total reps. 8 each leg. - It was a challenge to step up on a chair and curl the dumbbells, I feel I have lost a little of the balance and control I had from several weeks ago, but I know that next time I will be able to go up again. I have found that slow and steady are key and this is still the exercise that always takes me the longest to complete. Felt good to get through it.
DB Squat with Bent Over Rear Raise 35 lbs. (17.5 lbs. per dumbbell)  x 8 reps. -  This week I was able to go up to 17.5 lbs. for all 4 rounds and felt that I could maybe even go to 20 lbs next time.

I finished this workout with:

5 minute Couplet Finisher #1
Push Ups until you can't do any more
Squat Jumps until you can't do any more

I was able to do 3 rounds in 5 minutes
Push Ups (On my toes) - Round #1, 30 - round #2, 20 - round #3, 10
Squat Jumps - (Squatting low and jumping up) - Round #1, 30 - round #2, 20 - round #3, 10
My heart was racing after this and I felt really tired!  

I had my recovery protein drink within 60 minutes of my workout!

I was able to complete 4 rounds but it took me 35 minutes instead of the 20 minutes suggested to do between 3 - 5 rounds.

MEALS:
Meal #1: 7:30 am - recovery shake - 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder with water & coffee (110 calories)
Meal #2: 11:00 am - 1 egg & 1 serving of oatmeal  (190 calories)
Meal #3: 2:00 pm - small portions of Waldorf Salad, Fresh Roasted beet Salad & 3 oz flank steak! (462 calories, no dairy)
 

Meal #4: 7:30 pm - 3 oz of pork loin with mushroom, sour cream, shallots & sherry sauce, 1 Tbs of natural peanut butter. (344 calories)

1106 total calories (low)WATER: 8 glasses

0 comments: