Wednesday, July 27, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Sat. June 18, 2011

Lose 3 Inches Off Your Belly By July 4 - Workout #17, June 18, 2011

by The Abs Expert on Saturday, June 18, 2011 at 6:51am
Warm up for 5 minutes at a level 4-5 on the Rating of Perceived Exertion Scale

Perform 1 minute of cardio exercise (like running) at a level 8-9 on the Rating of Perceived Exertion Scale

Recover at a moderate intensity at a level 3-4 for 2 minutes

Alternate between the high intensity and moderate intensity for 5 rounds.

Cool down at a level 3 for 5 minutes

(there are many modes of training you can do for this one - running, hill sprints, jump rope, burpees, mountain climbers, etc).

Use The Rating Of Perceived Exertion Scale to Measure Intensity

Rating of Perceived Exertion

What I generally use is a rating of perceived exertion scale. This is a subjective
scale of how hard you are working during your exercise session. The rating of
perceived exertion uses a scale of 1 to 10.

Here is the scale and the association perceived level of exertion. I like to use this
scale when I'm training.

Level 1: I'm watching TV and eating bonbons (obviously you're not exercising
very hard)
Level 2: I'm comfortable and could maintain this pace all day long
Level 3: I'm still comfortable but breathing a bit harder
Level 4: I'm sweating a little but feel good and can carry on a conversation
Level 5: I'm just above comfortable, am sweating more and can still talk easily
Level 6: I can still talk, but am breathless
Level 7: I can still talk, but I don't really want to. I am sweating like a pig
Level 8: I can grunt in response and can only keep up this pace for a short time
period
Level 9: I feel like I am probably going to die.
Level 10: I feel like I am almost dead.

OR TRY ALL OUT SPRINT TRAINING (make sure to warm up first).

Sprint training is a little different than interval training. Interval training will help
you develop sustained anaerobic endurance. Sprint training consists of really
short bouts of explosive power. Think of a sprinter running 100 meters as fast as
he or she can. The fastest athletes in the word run that in under 10 seconds. So
during sprint training you are at a level 10 on the perceived exertion scale, but
you only have to maintain this for a few seconds.

Often my sprint training routines will consist of sprinting 100 meters, walking 100
meters (back to the start), and I'll do this about 6-10 times.

0 comments: