Wednesday, July 27, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Wed. June 1, 2011

Week 12, Day 3
My SMART Quest for today is: Well, I am still feeling great about my workouts but with the long holiday weekend, my eating has been off.   I will try to get back on track and clean things up a bit!

Sleep: 5 1/2 hours. Went to bed at 11:30 pm,  awoke up at 5:00 am. 
Awoke: 5:00 am
Warm Up: 5:30 am
12 push ups
20 squats
20 spiderman climbs
30 jumping jacks
Completed 2 rounds! I continue to add extra reps to my warm up to get my heart going!

Workout: 5:35 am

Today I am doing Scott Colby's Weight Based Interval Training 2, week 11, from Ageless Abs 2 Program! Since this is HEAVY Weights, I will once again NOT be adding extra reps but will be going ALL out and as heavy as I can for the reps.

Metabolic Explosion Phase - Week 12

Weight Based Interval Training # 2

Spiderman Climbs with Push Ups - Bodyweight x 16 total push ups
DB Squat With Rotational Overhead Press - 2 - 23.5 lb DBs x 10 total (5 each side)
Bodyweight Rows Narrow Grip - Bodyweight x 16 (get as far under the jungle gym as possible, lift one leg up for more challenge)
DB Reverse Lunge to Side Raise - 2 - 18.5 lb DBs x 10 total (5 each leg)

I was able to complete 4 rounds in exactly 21:31 minutes.

R#1 - 5:30, R# 2 - 5:14, R#3 - 5:22, 1/4 of R#4 - 5:33

I had more energy this time than last Wed with this same workout!  I was able to complete 4 rounds in just over 20:00 minutes instead of just 3 1/4 rounds last week. I was also able to shave off over 1:00 minute from each round. I knew I had the 4 Tabata Intervals to complete so I was a bit nervous but I plowed through it all and finished strong!  Those heavy weights were a challenge, especially with the Rotational Over Head press.  I could barely pump out the last rep on each side my arm was shaking so badly!

Somewhere over the last 1 - 2 weeks I injured something in my elbow that seems to radiate up to my shoulder and now down to my wrist on my left side.  I know that once I finish the heavy weights this week I will do some bodyweight workouts and give my left arm a chance to heal but I will not stop working out!

I finished this workout with Finisher of 4 Tabata Intervals: 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest

Bowling Lunges - 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - 48 47, 47, 46, 46, 46, 46, 47 reps per round.
Suicide Drills - 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds - 18, 16 17, 16, 17, 17, 16 17 reps per round!
Sprinting - 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds -71, 70, 70, 71, 70, 70, 71, 73 reps per round!
Squat Thrusts with Push Ups (Burpees) - 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 reps per round!  

16:00 minutes total.

I was thoroughly wiped out by the end of this work out! Very challenging considering 2 of the exercises were body weight moves. Just goes to show that you can still get an awesome workout just using your own bodyweight!

MEALS:
Meal #1: 7:30 am - 1 small banana, coffee & sugar free creamer ( 85 calories)
Meal #2: 10:30 am -  2 slices of uncured turkey bacon (140 calories)
Meal #3: 2:30 pm - Salad - consisting of grilled chicken breast, mango, small bit of avocado, spring greens , tomato and a raspberry vinaigrette. (400 calories)
Meal #4: 7:00 pm - 5 grilled shrimp with grilled carrots & broccoli with a tiny bit of teryaki sauce. (300 calories)
Meal #5: 8:00 pm - unsalted pistachios, coffee (180 calories)



Water: 8 glasses
Calories: 1105


MINDSET:
I feel like I have really been in tune with the clean eating. When I find myself craving or thinking about making a bad choice, I just say "no" and switch gears. Today I was faced with eating lunch out. I almost ordered a seared ahi tuna sandwich which I could have had on wheat bread with salad, but then I realized that it would just bloat me as I am not eating carbs right now so I opted for a very tasty grilled chicken salad with mango, and veggies. I am sure the dressing was higher in sugar but still a safer choice. It was good and I felt good about making a smart choice!

0 comments: