Tuesday, February 8, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Tues. Feb. 8, 2011

Week 4, Day 2
My SMART Quest for today:  Try to once again get back on track with my eating.
Being out of town for my daughter's cheer competition made it difficult to stay on track. I was not able to eat every few hours and when I did eat, my choices were not so great.

Awoke: 5:00 am - 5 1/2  hours sleep!
Warm up: 5:20 am
Push ups x 8
Squats x 12
Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
Jumping Jacks x 20
Completed 2 rounds


Today I am excited to try Zuzana's Bodyrock.tv New 300 Rep Workout.

New 300 Rep Workout



Workout Breakdown
Time: ? min.
Workout Type: Time Challenge
Exercises: 10
You will  need a stopwatch or
Gymboss Interval Timer .  Set it to Stopwatch mode.  You do each exercise as quickly as you can.  Zuzana was able to do the workout in about 23 minutes!  She is amazing
  • 1) Side Lunge Knee Tuck (left leg) 30 reps
  • 2) Side Lunge Knee Tuck (right leg) 30 reps
  • 3) Plank Jump Push Up & Roll Over 30 reps
  • 4) Side Crunch 15 reps on each side
  • 5) Sandbag Swing 15 reps on each arm
  • 6) Pull Ups 30 reps
  • 7) 1-2-3 Up One Leg Half Squat 15 reps on each leg
  • 8) Hanging Knee Raises 30 reps
  • 9) 3 low jacks & Jump Up 30 reps
  • 10) Triple Knee Tuck & Side Step Push Up 30 reps
Wow oh wow!  This was difficult!  The first 6 exercises were okay and I could feel my heart rate climbing more and more with each rep and each exercise.  I don't have a pull up bar yet so I used my jungle gym and got as far under it as possible resting my weight in my heels and going very slowly to get a similar effect as a pull up.  Once I got to the 1-2-3 Up Leg Squats, I was starting to lose steam.  It was so difficult to do the One Leg Half Squats.  I had a chair to use, but tried really hard to actually balance on my own and push through!  It was painful (in a good way) and I couldn't perhaps lift my leg quite as high as Zuzana, but I was proud of myself for being able to do them with hardly any aid from the chair.  I used 25 lb weight for the Sandbag Swing. Again, since I don't have a pull up bar yet, I did the hanging knee raises laying down as instructed and lifting and lowering my legs (without touching the floor).  This was intense and I had to rest between many of the reps.  By the time I got to the 3 low jacks & Jump Ups I really had to rest between every 5 reps or so.   Ouch, my quads were on fire!  Finally to finish, I really had to bring it and muster all my strength to get through the Triple Knee Tuck & Side Step Push Ups. It took me over 6 minutes just to complete the 30 reps.  I was so done! 

My final time: 31 minutes 31 seconds
Get Your Workout Gear Here:
These are the items I actually love and use!
















MEALS:
Meal #1: 7:00 am -  2 scoops chocolate MetRX protein plus powder blended with water & ice, coffee &  sugar free creamer (220 calories)
Meal
#2: 10:30 am -  2 slices uncured turkey bacon, 1 serving oatmeal, 1 tbs flax seed meal, 1/2 sm banana  ( 280 calories)
Meal #3: 2:30 pm -   4 Tbs fresh hummus, 1 1/2 mediterranian flatbread , Salad with 4 large prawns, spinach & mixed greens with mushrooms, roasted corn, tiny bit of goat cheese and a light vinagrette. ( 840 calories)

Meal #4: 7:00 pm -  2 small turkey meatballs, 5 dried apricots, 10 raw almonds. (309 calories) 1649 calories total 

WATER:  7 glasses

0 comments: