Wednesday, February 9, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Wed. Feb. 9, 2011

Week 4, Day 3
My SMART Quest for today:  I am back on track with my eating.  I have to really push hard and make sure not to let my eating habits slip.  I am working too hard!


I went to bed at 10:30 last night, I felt so sleepy!  I also felt like I slept fairly well, yea!

Awoke: 5:00 am - 6 1/2  hours sleep!
Warm up: 5:20 am
Push ups x 8
Squats x 12
Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
Jumping Jacks x 20
Completed 2 rounds


Today I am excited to try Zuzana's Bodyrock.tv New Tic Tok Workout.

Tik Tok Exercise Challenge


Workout Breakdown
Time: +/- 20min.
Workout Type: exercise challenge + cardio
Exercises: 5

Instructions:The exercise combo is a time challenge so set your timer as a stop watch and write down your times for each one of the 3 rounds. For the interval skipping you will have to set your timer for 8 rounds of two intervals – 10 and 20 seconds (this gives you 4 minutes).

Combo:
Monkey Push up then do a Tuck Jump slap knees then lower down into a crab position and Kick one leg up, jump and switch legs. Each jump counts as 1 rep. Complete 10 reps.

  • 1) Exercise Combo 10x
  • 2) Interval Skipping 4 min.
  • 3) Exercise Combo 10x
  • 4) Interval Skipping 4 min.
  • 5) Exercise Combo 10x

Zuzana’s Score for this challenge: exercise combo round 1 – 4 minutes 17 seconds, exercise combo round 2 – 3 minutes 49 seconds, exercise combo round 3 – 4 minutes 10 seconds
 


My Score:  Exercise combo round #1: 4: 49
                    Exercise combo round #2: 3: 50
                    Exercise combo round #3: 3: 53


I was super happy with my score!  This was challenging but fun.  I was shocked that in some rounds I went a few seconds faster than Zuzana, but perhaps it was because she was able to kick her legs higher and straighter than I was in the Crab Switch Kicks.

I really enjoyed the way this workout challenge was performed with the combo and then the interval switching back and forth.  It really helped to keep my heart rate up and give me a good sweat.  My quads were on fire from the Tuck Jumps and going right into the Crab Switch Kicks.  I found it harder and harder to jump as high and slap my knees in the Tuck Jumps as each round continued.
 




 

 



MEALS:
Meal #1: 7:00 am -  2 scoops chocolate MetRX protein plus powder blended with water & ice, coffee &  sugar free creamer (220 calories)
Meal
#2: 10:30 am -  2 slices uncured turkey bacon, 1 egg, 1/2 sm banana  ( 180 calories)
Meal #3: 2:00 pm -   2 extra lean turkey meatballs, 1 cup spaghetti squash, 1/4 cup organic sauce, 1/4 cup roasted butternut squash (259  calories)

Meal #4: 4:30 pm -   1 hard boiled egg, 1/2 small avocado, 1 tsp mustard, 1 slice Ezekiel sprouted bread ( 230 calories)
Meal #5: 8:00 pm - 1/2 cup spaghetti squash, 2 lean turkey meatballs, 1 cup roasted butternut squash, 1/3 cup organic tomato sauce ( 241 calories)
1130 calories total 

WATER:  8 glasses





0 comments: