Thursday, February 17, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Thurs. Feb. 17, 2011

My Smart Quest for today:  Take Zuzana's advice and "throw the scale out". I need my mindset to stay good! 

Okay, so I am not going to throw my scale out, but I am going to quit beating myself up for my weight staying the same.  I am working out hard and eating fairly well (no kidding).

Awoke: 4:45 am - 6  hours sleep!
Warm up: 5:15 am
Push ups x 8
Squats x 12
Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
Jumping Jacks x 20
Completed 2 rounds


Today I will be doing Zuzana's Bodyrock.tv "Attacking Hot Warrior Workout".  I am excited about trying this workout!  Looks like something I can do!

Attacking Hot Warrior Workout


Workout Breakdown

Time: 18min.
Workout Type: Interval training
Exercises: 6
  • Lunge Forward/Back & Sandbag Lift (left leg)max. reps - My Score - 16, 15, 15 reps per round
  • Lunge Forward/Back & Sandbag Lift (right leg)max.reps - My Score - 16, 16, 15 reps per round
  • Core Splits or Star Crunch max. reps - My Score - 15, 12, 12 reps per round
  • Dynamo Push Upmax. reps - My Score - 13, 13, 12 reps per round
  • Sleeping Crab (left leg)max. reps - My Score - 20, 18, 18 reps per round
  • Sleeping Crab (right leg)max. reps - My Score - 16, 18, 18 reps per round
Instructions:Set your interval timer for
  • 18 rounds and two intervals of 10 seconds and 50 seconds.
  • Go through the circuit of the 4 exercises three times during the 18 minutes 
  • Complete as many reps for each exercise as possible.
Max. effort for 50 seconds.  10 seconds for rest and  to write down your reps. Zuzana wants us to keep track of our scores so we can come back to this workout in the near future and see for ourselves that our workout performance has improved.

This was a good and challenging workout!  I didn't have a sandbag so I used 2 dumbbells for a total of 16 lbs (I started with 20 lbs for the first round, but it was too heavy) for the Lunge Forward/Back & Sandbag.  I can tell you that it was super hard to get throught those 50 seconds on each leg for each round!  I loved the Star Crunches and the Dynamo Push Ups.  I had to get my balance for the Sleeping Crab exercises but once I did, they were also a big challenge.  I felt this workout all over!


MEALS:
Meal #1: 7:00 am -   8 ozs fat free milk with 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder, coffee &  sugar free creamer (210 calories)
Meal #2: 10:00 am -  2 slices uncured turkey bacon, 1 serving oatmeal, 1/2 sm banana  (250 calories)
Meal #3: 12:30 pm -  1 serving trail mix(150 calories)

Meal #4: 3:30 pm -  1 1/2 servings of Carrot & Cauliflower veggie wedges baked "fries" with 2 Tbs Hummus  & 2 ozs chicken breast (279 calories)

Meal #5: 6:30 pm -   4 ozs extra lean ground sirloin, 1/2 sm avocado, cherry tomatoes, 1 slice cheddar(298 calories)
Meal #6: 9:00 pm - 1 serving trail mix (200 calories)
1387 calories total
WATER: 8 glasses

0 comments: