Friday, February 18, 2011

♥ SMART Quest ♥ Fri. Feb. 18, 2011

My SMART Quest for today:  Ready myself in my mindset to be good this weekend with my clean eating habits.  Keep my eye on the bigger picture!  I can do this!

This is the end of a pretty good week.  I am feeling pretty good overall.  Today I am challenging myself with Zuzana's Bodyrock.tv workout Sumo Squat Step Up Challenge!  I know this is gonna hurt!
I slept amazingly well last night.  Went ot bed at 10:30 and slpet until 6:30 am.  I did awake a few times and was having odd dreams, but it felt so good to sleep!

Awoke: 6:30 am - 8  hours sleep!
Warm up: 6:45 am

Push ups x 8
Squats x 12
Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
Jumping Jacks x 20
Completed 2 rounds

Sumo Squat Step Up Exercise Challenge

Workout Breakdown

Time: ?min.
Workout Type: exercise challenge
Exercises: 1



  • Sumo Squat & Step Up100 reps on each leg






  • Ab Wheel - 20 reps (full extension)





  • Okay, this was a tough one but not impossible or as bad as I thought it would be! 

    Completion Time:  22:53  to complete the entire 200 reps (100 reps per leg). 
                                    I followed the Sumo Challenge with 20 reps on the Ab Wheel. 

    I was not trying to speed through this, just be sure to have good form and squat low, step up properly on the chair and lower myself gently so I would not put excess strain on my joints.  I could really feel this by rep # 50 on each leg, but I just kept at it.

    Note:  I thought I had done well with this until I read other Bodyrockers posts.  Zuzana did this in about 18 minutes, Freddy did it in about 15+ minutes and some bodyrockers did it in 14 mins or less.  I will say that I did NOT compromise form in any way.  My Sumo Squats were very low and I really pressed myself to push out of the squats and feel the burn.  I could have gone faster, but then I wouldn't have squatted as low.  Just wondering if the other Bodyrockers compromised some form to beat Zuzana's numbers?




    MEALS:
    Meal #1: 8:15 am -  2 scoops of chocolate MetRX Plus  protein powder, coffee &  sugar free creamer (210 calories)
    Meal #2: 11:30 am -  2 slices uncured turkey bacon, 1 egg, 1/2 sm banana  (180 calories)
    Meal #3: 2:00 pm -  Seafood Cocktail & corn tortillas (585 calories)

    Meal #4: 5:30 pm -  1 1/2 servings veggie wedgies, 1 Tbs Hummus, 5 dried apricots, 10 raw almonds(304 calories)

    Meal #5: 8:30 pm -  1 serving light popcorn (not sure why I have been wanting this, I think so I have something to chew slowly) 1 chocolate dipped strawberry (160 calories)
    1439 calories total
    WATER: 8 glasses

    0 comments: